The NGCDD accomplishes its federal mandates through several different avenues. Some activities are carried out by NGCDD staff; others are accomplished by partnering with other established agencies and organizations to address areas of mutual concern. Finally, the NGCDD identifies gaps in service delivery and provides community grants to develop and implement projects that address innovative ways to fill those gaps and develop infrastructure for the State. All activities and community grants address the Council’s current 5 year state plan.
FFY ’17 Community Grants Awarded:
Grants awarded follow the Federal Fiscal Year dates of October 1 through September 30th.
- Aging and Disability Services Division: Informed Choice Through a Person-Centered NWD System
- CitiCare/Sierra Nevada Transportation Coalition (SNTC): SNTC Shared Ride Pilot & Research Project
- Easter Seals Nevada: Mid-Day Transportation
- JUSTin HOPE Foundation: First Responder Training on Developmental Disabilities
- Neighborhood Network of Northern Nevada: Traveling Through Time
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte: Sexual Health Education for People with I/DD
- United Cerebral Palsy of Nevada: Working Progress
- Walker River Paiute Tribe: Agai Dicutta Live In Unity
In addition to the provision and monitoring of community grants, Council staff manage the following projects and activities:
- Self Advocacy Network of Nevada (SANN)
- Consumer Leadership
- P.A.C.E. Events
- Count Me In PACER Puppets
- Integrated Employment
Stay up to date on our projects and activities by following us on Facebook!